Sunday 24 June 2012

#26

casual peplum




Jack Wills vintage hoody, $80
Dorothy Perkins blue shirt, $17
White shirt, £28
Matthew Williamson cropped pants, $625
Miss Selfridge short skirt, $46
Dorothy Perkins shorts, $44
Strappy sandals, $50
ASOS ballet shoes, $41
Oxford shoes, 5 AUD
Anya Hindmarch leather handbag, $1,481
Beach bag, £245
Zip bag, $19


I've had a little fun with this post and simply thrown together a mixture of both totally affordable and totally never-in-a-million-years pieces. On top of that, you'll notice the American currency (sorry) the website I used for this little visual seemed to be working in dollars so that's what we're stuck with! Although the currencies are easily converted and I believe almost (if not all) the brands featured are actually British, or at least operating here.
My inspiration for this mood board was the fact that I LOVE the peplum trend, I think it's classy, womanly and something really fresh. However, when it comes to designs such as the peplum, we see them on the catwalk, we see them on celebrities and we see them in magazines, but how on earth do you wear something so 'statement' without it actually being a, well...statement? The only 'statement' you want to be making is 'I am stylish' and you certainly don't want to spend money on something that will only venture forth from your wardrobe on rare occasion. So I used my limited imagination to put together these outfits. The aim of this post is to inspire both myself and you, the reader. I'd recommend staying away from the Anya Hindmarch handbag (your bank balance may not approve) but maybe you'll be able to find something cheaper to replace it?
Either way, I hope to be making more of these visuals soon as they're great fun and very useful inspiration!
 Ciao!  

No comments: