Sunday 20 May 2012

#15

Hello again, remember me? I'm ashamed to say I've been a rather bad blogger this week. I didn't even manage to do a quick 'funny Friday' post! I'm afraid that due to exam season being in full swing, at any opportunity at which I've been on the computer, I have been revising (sad but necessary). Last week I downloaded the blogger app onto my iPod in the hope I'd be able to blog from there, but me being me, I haven't quite got to grips with it yet and the small screen just doesn't do it for me when I'm writing!

Anyway there are a few posts and topics I've been itching to write recently. I would have liked to have done another outfit/hair/make up post yesterday as I was out all day with family from all over the country celebrating my granddad's 80th birthday! It was a great day and it was lovely to have everyone from the age of 1-80 there! Unfortunately the long day left no time for photographing/hair-styling/writing so that sort of post wasn't possible. Although, in this rather dashing picture of me attempting to be 7 again (what happens when you're around children!) you can see the casual got-this-from-my-floordrobe type outfit I went for. It had to be grandma friendly too of course! I also attempted the colour pop socks and shoes look which I actually quite like on occasion, it certainly fits with the childish photo!



This cardigan also made an appearance earlier in the week at my brothers 18th birthday (yay!).


yum...

Floral mohair cardigan over denim shirt with long key chain, rolled up cuffs and leather panel leggings...

 I eagerly stole my brothers new Shakespeare's book of sonnets...

We ate out at aqua on Walcott street (I think!) which I definitely recommend as it was really lovely.

Due to this busy schedule recently I've been using Instagram to share my week in pictures as best I can from my little iPod so there are also a few snaps on there.

So now that you are all aware of what I've been up to over the past week I can move on to the better stuff! Two main topics are sort of floating around aimlessly in my head which I've been planning to write about on here recently. First, is dieting. I've noticed that A LOT of girls about and around my age are beginning to diet. This is understandable as it's coming up to summer (the weather would suggest otherwise) and as girls it's in our DNA to go into bikini-body-mode in the months leading up to our holidays. But, there was an interesting article about food and diet in VOGUE's latest issue which got me thinking, how many girls are dieting safely and correctly and how many are just doing whatever they can to get that flat tummy?
As I think this a really important topic for a lot of people, I'm going to do a totally separate post on the matter very shortly (hopefully today!).
Secondly, summer dresses! The weather will never stop our brains telling us we need a whole wardrobe revamp once the winter months are out the way. But with so many trends out there, what do you go for? I also plan to cover this life or death matter in a post soon, so keep your eyes pealed!
x

No comments: